Honorable Chief Minister of Rajasthan Smt. Vasundhra Raje said that
Biotechnology and Startups can play an important role in the development of State
To create an eminent position of Rajasthan in the field of Biotechnology, the Government of Rajasthan announced the Rajasthan Biotech Policy in the year 2015.
1.To establish an eminent position of the State in the field of biotechnology.
2.To create awareness about the new entrepreneurial and job opportunities in the field of biotechnology.
3.To attract biotechnology based industrial investment.
4. To develop bioresource for sustainable commercial use.
5. To create new & harness existing R&D capabilities for industrial/ commercial developments in the State and to promote corporate funding and developing such knowledge.
6.To develop adequate institutional and related infrastructure for development, acquisition and dissemination of biotechnology through out the State.
7.To promote research and development and to establish centres of excellence in frontier area of biotechnology.
8.To foster academia-academia, academia-industry interactions and develop international collaborations.
9.To evolve regulatory and bio-safety guidelines for the state BT industries
10.To strengthen links with DBT- GOI for continuous assistance in various BT projects of the state.
- To invite Biotech Industries in the state
- To generate human resource
- To create root awareness regarding sector
- To create strong academic base
- To initiate, promote and coordinate Biotech R&D projects
- Assistance to major biotechnology projects in state
- Assistance to minor biotechnology projects in state
- Workshops/ Seminars/ Conferences
- Award to Biotechnology Institutions in state
- Participation in international Biotechnology Fair/ Exhibition
- Centre of Excellence