SCIENCE PARK JAIPUR
Science Centres & Science Park in Rajasthan
For popularization of Science & Technology in the State, the department is thriving to establish Science Centres and Science Parks in Rajasthan.
Following are the establishments under DST:
1. Science Park, Jaipur.
SCIENCE PARK, Shastri Nagar, Jaipur Tel 0141-2304654
Timings : 9.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
closed on Monday and on Deepawali, Goverdhan Pooja, Holi and Dhulandi
The department of Science & Technology has developed a unique Science Park in Shastri Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India in an area of 3.14 acres.
This park aims at imparting scientific temper amongst masses in general students in particular by providing a practical approach and direct involvement in the learning process.
The park propagates scientific and technical awareness in society to learn while playing (Khel Khel Mein Vigyan).
Major Objectives and Activities of Science Park:
- To inculcate inquisitiveness, sense of inquiry,scientific attitude and thinking by encouraging
curiosity and questioning processes and creativity among visitors.
- To offer interactive and activity based learning environment.
- To evolve a two way channel of learning by adopting pedagogic concepts for indoor and
outdoor exhibits and demonstrations and other training activities.
- To collect and disseminate information relating to mutual interaction of science, technology
- To promote and support innovative and experimental activities
- To assist, collaborate and organize training programmes/activities in the field of
science popularization and communication.
- To help in the growth of Science and Technology awareness.
- To develop scientific temper amongst masses,especially the student folks.
- To make visitors learn seemingly complex scientific principles in an inquisitiveness generating and
participative manner, that leads to questioning and self discovery.
- To make learning of science for visitors a joy.
- To make visitors aware about process of development of tools and technologies in a logical
order and make them understand the role of S & T in evolution of man in past, present and future.
- To develop in young generation, particularly in entrepreneurship and engineering oriented minds
zeal towards experimentation, innovation and invention in a self expressive manner.
|Interactive Exhibits||Mineral Section|
|Energy Park||Medicinal Plants|
|space Technology||Life Size Tyrannosaurus|
|Meteorological equipment||Green House|
|Puppet Theater||Open Air Theater|
|Indoor Galleries-Fun Science, IT||Touch Screen Information Kiosk for General Public|
|Traffic Park||Portable Planetarium (Taramandal)|
|High Capacity Telescope||Dancing Granite Stone Fountain|
Fun Science Gallery
Models on optics, sound, electromagnetism, static electricity, electronics, mirrors, optical illusion,
etc are installed here.
- More than 6 lacs persons have visited the Science Park since its opening.
- Celebration of IT month and exhibition
- Science week celebrations
- Touch Screen Information Kiosk for general public
- Indoor Fun Science Gallery
- Indoor IT Gallery, Portable Planetarium (Taramandal) & High Capacity Telescope
- Traffic Park in Science Park, Jaipur.
- Rotating Granite Stone Fountain.
- Battery Operated Vehicle for visitors
- Regional Science Centre
Development of Science City in Jaipur and Divisional Science Parks in the state.
Citizen Centric Activities
Dissemination of technologies and information that is useful to all viz
- Demonstration of non conventional energy sources equipments
- Water pump set’s engine being run on bio-fuel i.e. Karanj Oil
- Medicinal plants with write up on their different names, nature , size and usage of plants’ parts
- Display of Metro train models which includes track in Ist phase, via ducts, metro stations
Training workshops are held on daily life themes viz.
- Repair of household equipments for women
- Computer awareness workshops only for young girls
- FM radio
- Low cost teaching
Health and environmental camps
- Training cum treatment camps on natural therapies like Acupressure
- Free camp on Ayurvedic treatment
Live theme exhibitions
- Evolution of Life
- Information Technology
- Remote Sensing
- Bonsai and cacti
Entry fee for Science Park, Jaipur and Regional Science Centre, Jaipur
|General :||Rs. 20/-|
|Student :||Rs. 15/- (on production of I.Card)|
|Student Group :||Rs. 10/- (Minimum 10 students required for group)|
IT Gallery entry charges
|General :||Rs. 20/-|
|Student & Students Group :||Rs. 10/-|
Mini Planetarium (Taramandal) entry charges
|General :||Rs. 10/-|
|Student & Students Group :||Rs. 5/-|
Battery Vehicle charges
|Per Person :||Rs. 10/-|
|Student & Students Group :||Rs. 7/-|
Indoor Hall & Open Air Theatres are also available on rental basis (terms & conditions apply)
|Celebration of National Science Day|
|Rajasthan was actively engaged in celebrating National Science Day (NSD). National Science Day is being celebrated every year on the 28th February to commemorate the discovery of the "RAMAN EFFECT" by Sir C.V.RAMAN for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize. The celebration is aimed at focussing attention on Indian Science and Scientists and their role in India's development.|
|Transit of Venus (06th June 2012)|
|An extraordinary astronomical event was viewed across the country with much curiosity. Arrangements in Science Park was made for viewing this event clearly through projection by telescope and solar filter viewer. Large number of persons visited the Science Park during transit of Venus. An expert made explanation of the event, while an exhibition was also setup focusing this rare astronomical event. Event was largely covered by electronic & print media.|
|Exhibition cum workshop on Animation|
|An exhibition cum workshop for 3 days was organized at Science Park shoing various aspects of 2D & 3D animation. Workshop was also organized for the young aspirants willing to make career in this filed.|
|A Bhai Jara Dekh ke Chalo” documentary film show for slum resident kids at Science Park|
|A 20 minute documentary film for promotion of Traffic Sense & Awareness is shown on large screen to the kids of slum area, who were visiting Science Park under a program conducted by an NGO The film showed how dangerous it is to be careless on road.|
|Basic Life Saving Techniques training camps|
|One hour programme was organised by the department to train the participants (about 100 in number) regarding life saving techniques during Accidents/Electrocution/drowning with special reference to functioning of brain, lungs & heart under such situations . CPR techniques were demonstrated on mannequin followed by physical training of participants for resuscitation and cardiac massage ..|
- Programmes are being held here regularly for slum area children by an NGO - world vision .
- Workshop was held with PCRA on energy conservation and pollution control.
- Celebration of National Science Day & Science Week
- Environment Conservation workshops being held regularly