Regional Science Centre, Jaipur
The ‘Regional Science Centre, Jaipur’ has been set up by National Council of Science Museums, an autonomous society under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India with active support of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of Rajasthan. The Centre through its interactive science exhibitions and non-formal science education programs is expected to cater the people of the region.
The Government of India and Government of Rajasthan equally shared the capital cost of Rs. 850
The Science Centre having a built-up area of approx 4000 sq mtrs. Houses three exhibition galleries, a temporary exhibition hall, an inflatable dome planetarium, science demonstration area, Activity corner, an air conditioned auditorium, 3D theater facility, a library cum conference hall, a small workshop for maintenance and development of exhibits and other public facilities.
Frontiers of Astronomy
The gallery depicts how human understanding of the cosmos has changed over time as mankind continued to innovate and use different principles of science and technology for better understanding of the cosmos. The gallery shows cases the historical developments in the field of astronomy both form the world perspective and also Indian perspective. India is one of the very few countries which have used frontiers of space technology of empowering its citizens. The gallery takes the visitors to face the most intriguing questions that are concerns in astronomy today and the exhibits like weighing the universe’ measuring the universe’ and ‘mapping the universe’ offering plausible answers to these questions. In the exploring the universe’ exhibit the visitor can interactively investigate all the space exploration missions taken up by man so far.>
Interactive exhibits, artifacts, multimedia and other state of art audio/ visual display have been used to make the understanding of our cosmos easy in an immersive ambience
The Biomedical revolution
The gallery spread over an area of 600 sq mtrs uses state of the art exhibits to depict the various aspects of medicine and technology that changed scenario in the medicine and the technology that changed scenario in the medical field. The exhibit ‘history’ of medicine and immunization is presented in an interactive way. Another exhibit ‘The Medical Imaging’ a mock up scanner, explains how the human body is scanned. The exhibit on ‘Diseases mapped to chromosomes’ shows the achievements of the Human Genome Project. The Augment Human is another exhibit where one can explore the possibility of enhancing human capabilities by use of specially designed implants. Another exhibit on ‘Plastination’ shows the new method of preserving bodies for posterity and display some sample like a human heart, lung and other organs. A series of dioramas on Psychology and psychiatry, Immunisation, antiseptics and antibiotics, and Indian tradition in Medicine depict scenes that show the important milestones in the history of medicine. With a right mixture of interactivity, immersive experience and dioramas the gallery runs through the entire gamut of Biomedical Revolution and provides an apt perspective to the visitors.
The fun Science Gallery, spread over an area of 515sq meters, is full of opportunities for visitors to interact, explore and experience various aspects of science in highly entertaining ambience. Most of the exhibits here are participatory which provide hands-on and minds-on experience to visitors.
Digital technology offers immense avenue to preset images with extraordinary variety. In this theatre, Polaroid based stereo projection creates three dimensional effect. The show gives an immersive experience with the help of special Polaroid spectacles.
This is a prehistoric park with dinosaurs of different era are present along with the flora of Mesozoic era. These display are supported with information regarding their size, weight body construction along with food habits and their life span.
The Taramandal, an inflatable dome planetarium can accommodate 30 students at a time and present astronomy concepts in a unique and interactive way.
The Science Demonstration Corner has provision to conduct live demonstration and experiments to group of visitor and students to excite them about science.
There is a section “Children Corner” where children can enjoy simple experiments with a lot variety of puzzles and science kits.
Overall, the Regional Science Centre, Jaipur is sure to excite the people to the and create awareness on important topical issues in science and apart form providing effective environment for non-formal science education.
in Summer (April to August) : 9.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. (Closed on Monday)
Timings in Winter (September to March) : 9.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
closed on Monday and on Deepawali, Goverdhan Pooja, Holi and Dhulandi.
Major Objectives and Activities of Science Park:
- To inculcate inquisitiveness, sense of inquiry,scientific attitude and thinking by encouraging curiosity and questioning processes and creativity among visitors./li>
- To offer interactive and activity based learning environment.
- To evolve a two way channel of learning by adopting pedagogic concepts for indoor and Poutdoor exhibits and demonstrations and other training activities.
- To collect and disseminate information relating to mutual interaction of science, technology and society
- To promote and support innovative and experimental activities
- To assist, collaborate and organize training programmes/activities in the field of science popularization and communication.
- To help in the growth of Science and Technology awareness.
- To develop scientific temper amongst masses,especially the student folks.
- To make visitors learn seemingly complex scientific principles in an inquisitiveness generating and participative manner, that leads to questioning and self discovery.
- 10.To make learning of science for visitors a joy.
- 11.To make visitors aware about process of development of tools and technologies in a logical order and make them understand the role of S & T in evolution of man in past, present and future.
- To develop in young generation, particularly in entrepreneurship and engineering oriented minds zeal towards experimentation, innovation and invention in a self expressive manner.
- Interactive Exhibits
- Mineral Section
- Energy Park
- Medicinal Plants
- space Technology
- Life Size Tyrannosaurus
- Meteorological equipment
- Green House
- Puppet Theater
- Open Air Theater
- Indoor Galleries-Fun Science, IT
- Touch Screen Information Kiosk for General Public
- Traffic Park
- Portable Planetarium (Taramandal)
- High Capacity Telescope
- Dancing Granite Stone Fountain
Fun Science Gallery
Models on optics, sound, electromagnetism, static electricity, electronics, mirrors, optical illusion, etc are installed here.
- More than 6 lacs persons have visited the Science Park since its opening.
- Celebration of IT month and exhibition
- Science week celebrations
- Touch Screen Information Kiosk for general public
- Indoor Fun Science Gallery
- Indoor IT Gallery, Portable Planetarium (Taramandal) & High Capacity Telescope
- Traffic Park in Science Park, Jaipur.
- Rotating Granite Stone Fountain.
- Battery Operated Vehicle for visitors
- Regional Science Centre
Development of Science City in Jaipur and Divisional Science Parks in the state.z
Citizen Centric Activities
Dissemination of technologies and information that is useful to all viz
- Demonstration of non conventional energy sources equipments
- Water pump set’s engine being run on bio-fuel i.e. Karanj Oil
- Medicinal plants with write up on their different names, nature , size and usage of plants’ parts
- Display of Metro train models which includes track in Ist phase, via ducts, metro stations
Training workshops are held on daily life themes viz.
- Repair of household equipments for women
- Computer awareness workshops only for young girls
- FM radio
- Low cost teaching
Health and environmental camps
- Training cum treatment camps on natural therapies like Acupressure
- Free camp on Ayurvedic treatment
Live theme exhibitions
- Evolution of Life
- Information Technology
- Remote Sensing
- Bonsai and cacti
Entry fee for Science Park, Jaipur and Regional Science Centre, Jaipur
General :Rs. 20/-
Student Group : Free of cost (Minimum 10 students and pre permission required)
Entry fee for 3D Theatre
Per Person :Rs. 20/-
Student & Students Group : Rs. 10/-
IT Gallery entry charges
General : Rs. 20/-
Student & Students Group : Rs. 10/-
Mini Planetarium (Taramandal) charges
General : Rs. 10/-
Student & Students Group : Rs. 5/-
Battery Vehicle charges
General : Rs. 10/-
Student & Students Group :Rs. 7/-
Indoor Hall & Open Air Theatres are also available on rental basis (terms & conditions apply)
Rate for Auditorium
For 4 hour (per day):Rs. 3000/-
For 8 hour (per day):Rs. 5000/-
Rate for Conference Hall
For 4 hour (per day):Rs. 500/-
For 8 hour (per day): Rs. 1000/-
Rate for Open Air Theatre (Big)
For 4 hour (per day): Rs. 1000/-
For 8 hour (per day): Rs. 2000/-
Rate for Open Air Theatre (Small)
For 4 hour (per day): Rs. 500/-
For 8 hour (per day):Rs. 1000/-
Temporary Exhibition Hall
For 4 hour (per day):Rs. 1000/-
For 8 hour (per day):Rs. 2000/-
Celebration of National Science Day
Rajasthan was actively engaged in celebrating National Science Day (NSD). National Science Day is being celebrated every year on the 28th February to commemorate the discovery of the "RAMAN EFFECT" by Sir C.V.RAMAN for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize. The celebration is aimed at focussing attention on Indian Science and Scientists and their role in India's development.
Exhibition cum workshop on Animation
An exhibition cum workshop for 3 days was organized at Science Park shoing various aspects of 2D & 3D animation. Workshop was also organized for the young aspirants willing to make career in this filed.
A Bhai Jara Dekh ke Chalo” documentary film show for slum resident kids at Science Park
A 20 minute documentary film for promotion of Traffic Sense & Awareness is shown on large screen to the kids of slum area, who were visiting Science Park under a program conducted by an NGO The film showed how dangerous it is to be careless on road.
Basic Life Saving Techniques training camps
One hour programme was organised by the department to train the participants (about 100 in number) regarding life saving techniques during Accidents/Electrocution/drowning with special reference to functioning of brain, lungs & heart under such situations . CPR techniques were demonstrated on mannequin followed by physical training of participants for resuscitation and cardiac massage ..
- Programmes are being held here regularly for slum area children by an NGO - world vision
- Workshop was held with PCRA on energy conservation and pollution control.
- Celebration of National Science Day & Science Week
- Environment Conservation workshops being held regularly
About Regional Science Centre, Jaipur